Annnnd as of this blog post, Sacred Earth: Memory has made it's first foray into the realm of public consumption. ...I'm not quite sure how to feel about this actually. I've been working on this nonsense for so long, and taken so many breaks, that I was never quite sure if I'd ever see this day.
Of course, I had to make some cuts, pass on some content, and use some placeholders(albeit, pretty placeholders, but still!). But in exchange for the content that was cut...somehow, I ended up adding new content to take it's place. I don't know how that works, just bear with me here.
Yes, the demo is moleboxed. It's just easier to have it be a single file Especially for my non RM gaming audience. I do have a few other things to note about the demo.
- Some character's portrait sets are still in progress, so temporary art of them is being used. It's a style clash, but it's still their art. Please excuse that.
- During battle, if you use a skill from a submenu(Burst/Ether) and an enemy acts at the same time, the character's skill will either be canceled or overridden and the MP taken away anyway(THIS IS IMPORTANT).
This is a bug that is inherent in the engine of RM2k3 itself. I can't fix this. So sorry! Perhaps DynRPG could address it, but alas I don't have the skills to do that. All I can say is that you should keep your eyes on the enemy and try not to rush your moves! In the meantime, I can do nothing but hope it's addressed in the future. But I did the best I could with the knowledge I had!
- Veili/Patchoulli's 'Sacred Blade' Link Art fails to return the characters back to their original positions. My bad for forgetting. But again, not gamebreaking. It'll be fixed next time.
- No the exe is NOT a virus. Virus scans just seem to falsely recognize packed exes as viruses for some reason. Not sure!
- ...And I've got nothing else that immediately comes to mind.
Anyway, thanks for your patience and I hope you enjoy playing! There are several optional bosses to be found in the game. Do let me know how you fare against them!
That said, here's the demo!